What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSL certificate setup issue

Votes:

So far I did the following:

• Installed OpenSSL and generated keys
  • Ordered Certificate and received the following files: certificate_domain.de.txt, Linux_intermediate.pem, Windows_intermediate.p7b

Now I renamed the files as described in KB:

certificate_domain.de.txt > prtg.crt
Linux_intermediate.pem > prtg.pem

and copied them togehter with prtg.key from the \bin Folder to the \cert Folder.

When now trying to start core service I get an error message that webserver could not start (Could not load root certificate error 0B084002:x509 certificate)

What did I miss?

ssl ssl-certificate ssl-setup

Created on Jul 7, 2014 8:21:32 AM

Last change on Jul 8, 2014 11:45:34 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

just to check, did you follow our "SSL Certificate Guide" in our KB? If yes, would it be possible to send us your certificate files via email to [email protected] with a reference to this KB-Post? Thank you!

best regards.

Created on Jul 8, 2014 11:51:44 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.