What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I see all interfaces when adding NetFlow sensor for my Cisco device?

Votes:

How can I monitor traffic on WAN links of my router? I added router with it's LAN IP as a device and NetFlow sensor. Should I add every WAN interface's IP as device with sensor to be able to monitor traffic?

bandwidth netflow prtg

Created on Jul 7, 2014 12:15:52 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Filtering with Interface[ifindex] should solve it. Of course there is no syntax for this option in manual (!)

Interface number (ifindex) we get on router when issue command

show snmp mib ifmib ifindex

Created on Jul 8, 2014 10:42:09 AM

Votes:

You should be able to use one of the following filters:

Port [any number]

SourcePort [any number]

DestinationPort [any number]

So if you wanted to filter the traffic that is flowing through your wan port and it's port 1 you can put the filter Port[1] into the filter field and it should show that traffic as a separate channel.

Created on Jul 9, 2014 9:23:50 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 9, 2014 9:24:12 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.