What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Save "sort" on Alarms Page

Votes:

This question is regarding the Alarm page "Sensors With Status Down (Partial)". You can get there by clicking hovering over Alarms, then selecting Errors Only. The question is, can you save the way this screen is sorted? By default, it seems to be sorted in chronological order by "Down for", with the oldest being at the top. If you click on Status, it will sort by status. We would like to have it save so that "Down" statuses are at the top. Ideally, a link that would link to it being already sorted by status. Is this possible?

alarms sensors view

Created on Jul 8, 2014 2:21:12 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

saving the sorting there would only be possible by either a browser bookmark, or using the "Make this my Homepage"-Feature in PRTG. Before you do this, please add the

sortby=status
or
sortby=-status

to the URL and then save it as a bookmark (for example). The URL should then look like:

https://my_prtg/alarms.htm?filter_status=5&filter_status=13&filter_status=14&sortby=-status

The - (minus) inverts the sorting. This depends on which ordering you'd like.

best regards.

Created on Jul 9, 2014 1:46:49 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Torsten,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I had tried something similar, but must have been off on the syntax. Your reply worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Created on Jul 9, 2014 4:10:21 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.