What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Extracting sensor message data into graph

Votes:

I want to monitor the number of NAT entries on my Cisco 5585-X ASA. I found the correct OID for the SNMP custom sensor. However, the number of NAT entries is in the Message field, and the Response Time data is graphed. I want to be able to graph the NAT values. How can I do this?

asa graph nat snmp

Created on Jul 10, 2014 2:35:11 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Brian

Did you use an SNMP custom sensor, or an SNMP custom string sensor? The message cannot be graphed, it is not even stored in the historic data. Only channel values can be graphed.

However with an SNMP custom string sensor you can extract a numerical value from the string using a regular expression. Please find this option in the configuration. Depending on how the output is formatted, the regex could be [0-9], or just \d (please search for "regular expression" in the internet.)

Created on Jul 14, 2014 9:22:00 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.