What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can the Report Schedule be specify for a weekly daily bases?

Votes:

I am on the "SCHEDULE ("WHEN WILL THIS REPORT BE RUN?")" section when editing a report setting. Can the Report Schedule be specify for a weekly daily bases?

daily report schedule weekly

Created on Jul 14, 2014 7:34:06 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The time cannot be set, not in any file or similar. Sorry.

Created on Jul 16, 2014 12:47:02 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

12 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

yes of course this is possible, just set the according option and select the day in question: http://abload.de/img/reportdetailsnwjs9.png

best regards,

Created on Jul 15, 2014 8:02:51 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thats only Monday, one day from each week? I am looking for weekly email reporting function for only Monday - Friday; on the "SCHEDULE ("WHEN WILL THIS REPORT BE RUN?")" section when editing a report setting.

Created on Jul 15, 2014 12:49:55 PM

Votes:

You can choose other days than only Monday of course. It's a drop down field. If you need the report generated on each day of the week, you'll need to setup several reports.

Created on Jul 15, 2014 12:58:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Excellent, but where can I specify the time within the specified day of a week? (For example, every Monday at 8:00AM)? May you please help me. This functionality would be really helpful for me and others using the PRTG Network Monitor.

Created on Jul 15, 2014 5:58:36 PM

Votes:

Sorry, the time cannot be set on this. The report will be generated during the night, in the early hours then.

Created on Jul 16, 2014 8:28:17 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there a file where I can customize to add a time function within 'the specified day of a week'? (e.g., every Monday at 8:00AM)

Created on Jul 16, 2014 12:43:44 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

The time cannot be set, not in any file or similar. Sorry.

Created on Jul 16, 2014 12:47:02 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

added to the wishing-list.

Created on Jul 16, 2014 1:04:03 PM

Votes:

I am generating a set of reports everyday at specific hour, lets' say 17:00. This generates a big impact to server's performance, I can even notice Remote Probes are disconnecting for a while. Is thhere a way to specify report generation time shifted by few minutes so the first report would generate at 17:00, second at 17:05 and so on? Alternativelly maybe job serialization (like mutex for sensors) is the option to use? brg, TG.

Created on Sep 25, 2015 5:22:29 PM

Votes:

Reports are put into pipeline per se, so that only 2 run at a same time. If reports are having a large impact on the PRTG performance, please consider lowering the report settings (less sensors, larger averages, set them into the night time), and also consider reducing the general performance impact of your PRTG installation (mainly longer intervals as the largest 'lever').

Created on Sep 28, 2015 7:06:44 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I am stuck on the same problem. I want several reports to run Monday night but because they all start just after midnight there are to many. Some of them run, but don't sent their e-mails. Will it be possible to schedule a time with weekly the reports in future versions?

Created on May 22, 2017 8:58:28 AM

Votes:

Kevin, thank you for your post! Currently it's not possible to set a time when weekly / monthly reports are generated. We'll add your vote to the wish list though!

Created on May 23, 2017 1:20:52 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.