What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Task Scheduler 2008 R2

Votes:

I'm having an issue with a false alarm going off for a Task Schedule being monitored on a Windows 2008 R2 server. I have two tasks that run daily on a server, one at 3am and the other at 430am. Each run once daily.

I have tried a different combinations for the LastRun Error Limits (low and high) and I can't seem to find something suitable that will only trigger if the task didn't run in longer than 24 hours.

I set the Low Error limit to 1440 and there's about a 5-7 min window after the task runs when I'll receive an alert.

I thought I should set 1440 minutes to the Upper Error limit. It says the "Values above this value will set the state to "Down" but then the monitor throws an error

scheduled-task task windows

Created on Jul 16, 2014 5:02:58 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

If you want this sensor to alert you when the task has not been run for 24hrs you should be able to set the upper error limit on the LastRun Channel to 86400 since that is the number of seconds in 24hrs. Setting it to 1440 is only 24 minutes since this value is measured in seconds.

Created on Jul 18, 2014 9:09:11 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, I thought I tried that as well, but I will test it out.

Created on Jul 18, 2014 1:17:21 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.