What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sonicwall IPFIX with Extensions *Wishlist*

Votes:

Any plans to add IPFIX with Extensions for monitoring Sonicwall devices?

Let me know, Adrian

firewall ipfix sonicwall wishlist

Created on Jul 17, 2014 7:14:41 PM

Last change on Jul 18, 2014 9:14:18 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

21 Replies

Votes:

At the moment, there aren't that many users that are using the IPFIX with the extensions that Sonicwall provides but this is something that we would consider if there are enough customers asking for that functionality.

I will change this article to a wishlist article and anyone who looks for this as well can post here. If there are enough posts to change the way this sensor works, we will try and implement it into PRTG.

Created on Jul 18, 2014 9:14:02 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I will throw my hat into the ring and say that SonicWall IPFIX extensions would be a great addition.

Created on Oct 7, 2014 10:44:26 PM

Votes:

I am interested in this as well.

Created on Nov 17, 2014 6:51:56 PM

Votes:

Hello PRTG!

Are the Sonicwall IPFIX with extensions something that we can expect in the near future?

Thanks & Great product!

Created on Feb 5, 2015 11:41:36 AM

Votes:

It's still on the wishlist, as there haven't been further requests to it. I've counted yours, it's still not scheduled for a certain future version. Please bear with us.

Created on Feb 5, 2015 12:28:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Another request here as well

Created on Feb 19, 2015 6:47:31 PM

Votes:

I'm interested on it too.

Created on Apr 17, 2015 10:02:44 PM

Votes:

We have moved from older Cisco Firewalls to Sonciwalls, so I second this. And have an active Sonicwall case open on this, as I have lost the accountability of my WAN connections.

It is possible I might have to move to another product.

Created on Jun 25, 2015 9:56:37 AM

Votes:

Hi,

I am very intrested by the feature add of IPFIX with extension for Sonicwall!

Please add it :-)

Sebastien

Created on Aug 11, 2015 12:31:10 PM

Votes:

Count me as another +1

Created on Mar 21, 2016 4:01:38 PM

Votes:

+1 I would love this as well, PRTG is amazing. We are committed to Sonicwall and would rather use PRTG than GMSFlow.

Created on Dec 9, 2016 9:42:37 PM

Votes:

+1 for me too. I know this is an old thread but I really am surprised more haven't chimed in. Maybe Sonicwallers are using the GMS Flowserver or something else but I like the idea of one pane of glass for everything with PRTG.

Created on Feb 6, 2017 6:03:06 PM

Votes:

Yes, please add this feature!

Created on Mar 10, 2017 9:28:36 PM

Votes:

We also would like to have this function. Any additional SonicWALL sensors with Flow capability are highly welcome :)

Created on Apr 5, 2017 10:38:52 AM

Votes:

We would really like to have this functionality as well.

Created on Apr 11, 2017 1:47:31 PM

Votes:

Hi, just wondering if there are any updates on this? Is Paessler looking at implementing this sensor anytime soon? It would be very helpful for our organization.

Thanks,

Created on Jun 19, 2017 7:04:18 PM

Votes:

Hello Aaron,

We are aware of this demand, however we are currently working on other projects and feature request. Unfortunately, I'm unable to tell if and when we are going to implement this.

Sorry that I can't offer a more satisfactory answer at this point.

Please bear with us and best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jun 20, 2017 8:29:28 AM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like to throw another +1 on the pile

Created on Sep 7, 2017 10:56:48 PM

Votes:

Plus one for us, we use all SonicWall devices and it would be great to use the IPFIX with the extensions that Sonicwall provides.

Created on Nov 16, 2017 5:49:07 PM

Votes:

Hello, just tossing another reply in here to see if there has been any further discussion around supporting IPFIX w/ Extensions...we are in the market for a new Netflow Analyzer, but this does put PRTG further down on our list because of no support for usernames, etc.

Thanks,

Created on Jan 22, 2018 8:03:14 PM

Votes:

Hello Aaron,

Thank you very much for your repeated inquiry.

I'm afraid that there are still no satisfying news regarding IPFIX extensions, sorry to say.

Best regards,
Sebastian

Created on Jan 23, 2018 2:23:31 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.