What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I set a Custom XML Sensor with "Counter" mode ?

Votes:

I would like to process a XML file. This large file contains 15 variables I want to monitor. I set up a PowerShell script which filters only the 15 variables overs more than 100 and outputs a correct well-formate XML.

Now, the data I get is a integer which is growing. I would like to have a derivative-like ; to know how the value increased since the last check. The problem is that the Custom EXE/XML Sensor do not owns the "Counter" mode as for "Custom EXE Sensor"

How can I do ? Thanks, Regards,

notifications prtg sensor

Created on Jul 22, 2014 9:28:34 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
in the XML you return, please add the following tag between the according <result> tags.

<mode>difference</mode>

This will tell PRTG to handle the value for this particular channel as counter.
Best regards

Created on Jul 23, 2014 11:14:28 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.