What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I want to be able to see free space in Bytes (MB or GB) and I want to be able to set the level for

Votes:

Good day, we are using SNMP to monitor the servers. I have change %to bytes to monitor are disk space. I want to be able to see free space in Bytes (MB or GB) and I want to be able to set the level for warning at 5gb and alarm at 2gb. can this be done? if so can you please tell me how.

Thank you Granville

disk-full diskspace snmp

Created on Jul 23, 2014 12:41:18 PM

Last change on Jul 28, 2014 8:28:26 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

To switch the primary channel of the disk sensor to show free GB instead of %,
go to "settings" tab on the sensor and change Primary Channel from the default
"Free Space %" to "Free Bytes (GByte)".

To set warning and alarm, when on the "Overview" tab of the disk sensor, click the cogwheel/gear icon on the "Free Bytes (GByte" channel to edit channel settings.
Choose "Enable limits" and enter your wanted warning and error limits in GB.
Hit "Save" button.

If you only want warning/errors on GB and not on the % channel, remember to disable the limits on that channel.

---------------------------------------------
Jens Tore Fremmegaard, ServerParkering AS
Paessler Certified Monitoring Professional

Created on Jul 25, 2014 10:41:54 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.