What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMware Host HDD Space

Votes:

There is the Sensor: VMware Virtual Machine (SOAP), serveral channels are existent like CPU-Usage, Memory, etc.

My Question is the following:

Is there an Option to expand the existing monitorset to monitor available Diskspace on Host? On the VM-Machine, there is running Windows 2k8 R2. I wan't to have all data from the machine in one sensor. Workaround seperate sensors like wmi-hddspace is not so nice for the structure.

Thanks for help!

Kind regards. chris

hdd host space vmware

Created on Jul 24, 2014 8:27:39 AM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
Currently the only way monitoring diskspace would be using one of the Disk Sensors of PRTG. An additional channel is not available.
Best regards

Created on Jul 25, 2014 1:43:01 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank's for reply. What a pity. The Data from VCenter would be available only need an monitor who will fit. Are there not enough customers they would use that? Any plans to implemnt that?

Best regards.

Created on Aug 12, 2014 1:15:15 PM

Votes:

Hi,
I will forward this request to the responsible developer but cannot guarantee if or when this will be implemented.
Best regards

Created on Aug 13, 2014 8:05:34 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Quite nice. Thanks for that! Best regards.

Created on Aug 13, 2014 8:06:23 AM

Votes:

That channel added to the SOAP would be nice. We were looking for that same feature, today, for the 200+ VM servers that we are adding. That same feature is what lead us to this thread.

Created on Aug 14, 2014 1:28:32 PM

Votes:

Hi,
we are working on a new generation of VM Ware sensors but at the moment no ETA can be given. Sorry.
Best regards

Created on Aug 20, 2014 11:40:07 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, ist there any possibility to monitor the Disk usage of all VM Guest of an Virtual Center meanwhile?

greetings

Created on Apr 25, 2017 6:54:06 AM

Votes:

Hey Stefan,

actually this is still not possible with our native sensors, I'm afraid.

Best regards,
Sven

Created on Apr 26, 2017 1:11:59 PM by  Sven Roggenhofer [Paessler Technical Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.