What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is there any documentation regarding integrating PRTG into Omnibus/Netcool?

Votes:

We would like to integrate PRTG into Omnibus/Netcool and I can't find any documents on how to perform that action. IBM is asking for MIB files, but I don't see one for PRTG itself, just ones for Cisco and other manufacturers. Please advise, thanks!

ibm mib omnibus

Created on Jul 30, 2014 5:54:27 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

We don't have any MIB's for PRTG itself, the only way to pull data from the PRTG server would be through API calls. You can see the API documentation under Setup->PRTG API. You may be able to use these API calls to integrate PRTG into Omnibus/Netcool but this isn't something that we have tried or tested here.

Created on Aug 1, 2014 11:28:31 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

What kind of integration do you need, meaning what do you want to see in Netcool, regarding the PRTG system?

The first thing that comes into my mind: send status notifications to Netcool by using a syslog and/or an SNMP trap notification.

Created on Aug 5, 2014 6:13:51 AM

Votes:

With PRTG you can send out notifications as SNMP traps and or Syslogs and the MIB for PRTG's SNMP Traps lie in the folder \PRTG Network Monitor\snmplibs. If you set up the notifications to send these out you would be able to send data to the other systems, I had thought you wanted to query an SNMP agent which PRTG does not provide.

Created on Aug 5, 2014 12:27:30 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We would like this integration for creating incident tickets via Netcool/Omnibus. I will have someone pull that snmplibs MIB for me. Thanks

Created on Aug 5, 2014 3:05:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.