What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Grouping sensors for devices

Votes:

I have 3 host VPN cisco routers on load balancer. I want to monitor bandwidth used by VPN connections. So, i guess i got two questions.

1. How do I setup monitor based on username used to connect?
  2. How do I group devices, that if someone was connected to 1st device and then connects to the 2nd or 3rd device, it just keeps monitoring and showing under same chart?

cisco cisco-router prtg vpn

Created on Aug 1, 2014 4:16:33 PM

Last change on Aug 4, 2014 8:35:32 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

this setup is not available out of the box with PRTG, sorry.

It would require a lot of individual programing to accomplish this.

Created on Aug 5, 2014 1:06:24 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

How do I at least monitor based on the username? Can we do that? I installed needed MIBs. Problem is that i need to combine them. I love what you guys created for Cisco ASA. That works great. I need something like this for other Cisco devices.

Created on Aug 5, 2014 1:44:53 PM

Votes:

monitoring based on username is not possible either, sorry.

we could create the sensors for the ASA because we do have the setup in our test lab, but at the moment we do not have another setup quite like yours where there are several routers behind a load balancer. And it is almost impossible to create such a sensor if you have no setup to test it on.

Created on Aug 7, 2014 4:53:38 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.