What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Ticket system seems to have bugs.

Votes:

Hello Paessler,

I had previously raised a consultation regarding the notifications mechanism and based on the reccomendations I have configured the notifications with the following parameters: (https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/60552-do-closed-tickets-re-appear)

I have around 400 Wireless APs with only the ping sensor

The notifications are configured as:

If the Ping sensor falls into Fail state at least for 3 days raise a ticket,

if this condition continues for another 3 days, raise another ticket (which actually updates the previously raised ticket with a new date) and repeat this condition every 240 minutes (4 hours)

For some reason, after some days about half of my tickets stop being updated with a new date, but new duplicated tickets are created for the same devices.. I do not know why. So I receive a bigger list of the same devices with an old date and new tickets for the same devices with a new date.

Sometimes the tickets are closed automatically and the reason for this is "the condition ended", however, when I go to the sensor´s report, the sensor never went out of the down state. (For example I have a device that was removed about 1 month ago, and it is not there, so the ping is always in down state, but the ticket was closed automatically yesterday, because the "condition ended")

Can you help me with this issue, because I do not know what is the total number of devices in down state for at least for 3 days, so I do not know which of them should be given priority

Thanks!

bug notiifcation ticket-duplicated ticket-system tickets

Created on Aug 1, 2014 4:23:26 PM

10 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

our QA team has setup some tests, trying to reproduce the issue.

Debugging this can be very complicated, and will take some time.

Created on Aug 11, 2014 7:46:46 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok, dont worry. I also raised a ticket for this issue, but I dont know if it was succesfully created, because PRTG did not return me the ticket number.. How do I check the ticket numbers that were created by me or at least if they were created at all?

Thank you.

Created on Aug 11, 2014 2:23:37 PM

Votes:

I did reply to the ticket already. did you not get the answer?

Created on Aug 12, 2014 9:15:29 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Aurelio, how are you?

Is there an update regarding this issue?

Thank you.

Created on Sep 4, 2014 8:50:11 PM

Votes:

Aurelio is still working on this ticket. Please give us some time to try and sort out the issue.

Created on Sep 5, 2014 8:34:47 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sure, Greg, thanks for the update

Created on Sep 5, 2014 1:27:15 PM

Votes:

Hello Greg, do you have an update regarding this issue?

Thanks.

Created on Sep 19, 2014 8:15:15 PM

Votes:

Hi Vad,

Tickets are reused as long as they are not closed. They will be reused in case the Sensor is the same (i.E. it has not been replaced by another) and if the Trigger and Trigger Object remains the same. Once a Ticket is closed, the same Ticket will not be used again. One more thing is, that the reuse of open Tickets only works until the Core Server undergoes a restart. After that new Tickets will be generated for the same Errors. The reason why your Ticket was closed due to "condition ended" is unclear, we could not reproduce this behaviour in our Labs.

kind regards, Andy

Created on Sep 22, 2014 9:23:42 AM by  Andreas Heidrich [Paessler Support] (51) 2 1

Votes:

Are you still troubleshooting this? Do you need any extra data? Maybe access to my PRTG installation so you can see this?

Created on Sep 22, 2014 1:43:46 PM

Votes:

Please open a Support Ticket with this issue, please also add a Support Bundle for analysis.

Created on Sep 23, 2014 6:36:08 AM by  Andreas Heidrich [Paessler Support] (51) 2 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.