It is possible to send Telegram messages from PRTG:
This is how we connected Telegram to our PRTG instance.
Install Cygwin64 (https://cygwin.com/)
Select the Dev part
Search for: libreadline-dev libconfig-dev libssl-dev lua5.2 liblua5.2-dev and select packages you can select install
- execute the following commands:
mkdir /home/install cd /home/install git clone https://github.com/vysheng/tg.git && cd tg ./configure —disable-libconfig make
- add these paths to the windows paths: C:\CYGWIN64\BIN;C:\CYGWIN64\USR\BIN - create the following scripts in /home/install/tg:
spawn ./telegram -B
send "msg $argv\r"
puts "Message has been sent”
mkdir -p ~/.telegram
cp binlog ~/.telegram/binlog
./send.expect [email protected]
"c:\cygwin64\bin\sh.exe" "/home/install/tg/message.sh" %*
- Install PSTools Suite (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896649.aspx)
- Execute CMD as SYSTEM: psexec -i -s cmd.exe
- In the command box, execute: c:\cygwin64\home\install\tg\telegram -B
- Login in Telegram with your number.
- Copy sendmessage.bat to the PRTG installation folder\Notifications\EXE.
- Restart PRTG
- Create a notification with this Batch file. The first parameter must be the name of the group or user were you want to send the message to (spaces are converted to underscores).