What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to add sflow device in prtg

Votes:

i have add sflow sensor on prtg but until now there is no data can be capture. i have add two sflow sensor buat only one running well. i use prtg trial rigth now? is there any limitation when add sflow sensor (only support for one device only) ?

prtg sflow trial-edition

Created on Aug 12, 2014 6:47:13 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

if you are trying to receive sFlow data from two different devices, make sure you entering the sender IP in the senor settings so that PRTG can differ the flos.

You can use our free sFlow tester to verify that flows are reaching your PRTG installation.

https://www.paessler.com/tools/sflowtester

be aware that at the moment only sFlow version 5 is supported.

Created on Aug 12, 2014 3:11:10 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i have enter sender ip in the sensor setting, but still no change. prtg still cannot capture sflow from 2nd device

Created on Aug 13, 2014 3:07:37 AM

Votes:

any results with the sflow tester?

Created on Aug 13, 2014 7:40:16 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i have try sflow tester, but after i press start button always show warning dialogue box "Socket konnte nicht gebuden werden. Adresse und Port werden bereits verwendet".

Created on Aug 13, 2014 8:34:26 AM

Votes:

you have to pause your sFlow sensors first so that the port is no longer blocked by PRTG and can be used by the Tester.

Created on Aug 13, 2014 9:20:03 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Created on Sep 1, 2014 2:28:34 AM

Votes:

If, on your second device, you set up the sflow packets to be sent to another port, then set up a second sensor for that port, do you see any data that way? Do you see it on the tester if you don't in PRTG?

To help PRTG distinguish which sflow data is coming from which device, it may be beneficial to have the two devices send to different ports.

Created on Sep 3, 2014 11:36:47 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i have change sflow port in device configuration and prtg sflow configuration, but nothing happen, prtg still cannot captur flow packet. any another idea to solve this issue?

Created on Sep 5, 2014 9:17:47 AM

Votes:

Did you try to use the tester to see if there are packets coming from the device? Again, make sure to pause the PRTG sensor before using the tester.

Created on Sep 5, 2014 11:28:25 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.