What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

EXE/Powershell Scripts and Updating Limits

Votes:

I have sucessfully created a custom powershell script and used the EXE sensor to monitor dynamic memory usage on a hyper-V host, including setting of warning and error limits at certain percentage levels based on the maximum dynamic memory value. However, it would appear that PRTG does not update the limits as sent from the powershell script, except during the initial sensor creation. So, if dynamic memory changes on the VM, the limits are not updated in PRTG, even though the script is sending updated values.

Is this correct? If so, I would like to suggest for a future update: if limits are specified in the script data, they should be updated accordingly in the sensor settings.

exe-script-sensor limits powershell

Created on Aug 12, 2014 1:28:49 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry, once limits exist / are set, they can only be changed via the interface of PRTG. Sorry, currently this cannot be changed.

best regards.

Created on Aug 14, 2014 1:04:16 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.