What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP monitoring

Votes:

We have recently installed NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP, but none of the sensors appear to be working. Are the NetApp PRTG sensors only compatible with 7-mode? Thoughts?

Here's some some info on NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP . http://www.netapp.com/us/products/platform-os/data-ontap-8/

iops netapp snmp-sensor

Created on Aug 13, 2014 11:07:47 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for using PRTG. I'm very much afraid, the current NetApp Sensors do not support ONTAP. We do have this on our wish list, but I cannot name an ETA for this. Please bear with us.

best regards.

Created on Aug 18, 2014 11:29:28 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

is this still up to date? We've upgraded our NetApp farm to C-Mode and looking for PRTG integration now. Can you tell me anything about NetApp on your roadmap?

Best regards, Mimm

Created on Dec 10, 2014 2:50:53 PM

Votes:

I'm sorry, it's still not fully supported. Did you already try the NetApp-Sensors with the new release 14.4.13 of PRTG?

Created on Dec 10, 2014 3:44:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We are using 14.4.12.3510 right now - I couldn't find any NetApp specific changes in 14.4.13?

Some sensors are working. But I couldn't use the "Auto discovery" feature. "SNMP NetApp License", "SNMP NetApp I/O" and "SNMP NetApp Logical Unit" didn't returned anything useful.

Created on Dec 10, 2014 4:36:20 PM

Votes:

To our knowledge only the "SNMP NetApp I/O-Sensor" does not work with the ONTAP Firmware, as the firmware does not deliver the necessary OIDs anymore.
The "Logical Unit" Sensor should still work, will only show something if you are using LUNs though. Very similar for the License Sensor, that will only be useful if you have time-limited license(s) on your NetApp.

Created on Dec 16, 2014 8:34:16 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.