What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

v14 Notification schedules

Votes:

I am trying to disable notifications based on a recurring maintenance window schedule. I have created the schedule, but cannot figure out how to link that with the notification settings under 'Root'. I have seen a lot of forum entries on the matter, but they appear to be for older versions of PRTG and the UI described in those threads does not match v14.

To clarify, I only want to disable notifications during the maintenance window, not actual monitoring.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

notifications prtg14 schedule

Created on Aug 15, 2014 1:26:42 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

If you create a new schedule, you have the option to set a schedule for it. Of course you can change this setting for existing notifications as well. Also disable postponing. If you don't, PRTG will collect all notifications that come up during the scheduled maintenance window and then trigger the notifications when the scheduled pause is over.

So, as for your question: Don't look in the root notification options, but in the settings of the notification object itself under Setup > Account Settings > Notifications :)

Created on Aug 18, 2014 12:33:25 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the explanation. I see now that setting the schedule is a property of each notification under Setup > Account Settings > Notifications.

Thanks,

Aaron

Created on Aug 18, 2014 12:37:31 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.