What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

map custom HTML

Votes:

Hi,

We have a device that we cannot monitor via SNMP, but it does create a webpage on the same PC as the PRTG server. How can we include this htm page into the custom HTML insert?

I have tried placing the files in the /webroot folder, and also /mapobjects

Where is the correct folder to place this htm file so it can be displayed in the map using and iframe?

Cheers

custom-html maps prtg

Created on Aug 16, 2014 4:32:29 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for using PRTG. Did you try the suggestions from the following KB-Article already: How can I show up-to-date weather information, webcam and radar images in PRTG's maps?. Please be aware though that browsers will block here, if you are trying to embed HTTP-Elements into an HTTPS-Site.
Depending on the device's webserver, would it be an alternative to monitor the page with HTTP Content or HTTP XML / Rest Sensor(s) and display their results on the map?

best regards.

best regards.

Created on Aug 20, 2014 8:38:01 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks.

Yes I have tried that using the HTTP before section, however It would not display the page when the file is on local storage. I have copied the htm page to all the directories and tried to reference it in the 'HTTP before' using:

<iframe src='mapobjects/weather.htm'></iframe>

this does not work.

<iframe src='webroot/weather.htm'></iframe>

This works.

I would like the htm page to be saved in its own folder as it is created and saved with all the pictures in the same folder. otherwise ill have to have the files saved to the 'webroot' folder

Created on Aug 20, 2014 11:38:48 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid this may not be possible as you intend it. It certainly is not officially supported, I'm afraid. Please see if you can change the page, so that the links to images can be into a different folder.

Created on Aug 22, 2014 11:17:53 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.