What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor down immediately but ping available

Votes:

Hi Support ,

I upgraded my PRTG from v9 to v14 (14.2.9.1690) recently and put the original configuration back . It worked for around 2 weeks . Last weekend , one of the cisco Nexus 7K device's sensor just sent out the "down" notification but there is no error log or reboot message in Nexus 7K when I logged in . And it sent out "up" notification after 11 minutes automatically . During the incident 11 minutes , Ping to the issue Nexus 7K is available on PRTG . Is there any bug or similar issue as same as mine ?

Regards,

Ryan

no-reboot-log ping-available sensor-down

Created on Aug 18, 2014 7:23:50 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello

What sensor on the N7K went down? As long as the management-port on the N7K is up you would have ping from the device.

Are you logging port-status on your N7K (logging event link-status)?

We are monitoring Cisco Nexus 5000 with PRTG and I haven't experienced any false negatives so far.

---------------------------------------------
Jens Tore Fremmegaard, ServerParkering AS
Paessler Certified Monitoring Professional

Created on Aug 19, 2014 1:57:44 PM

Votes:

Hi ,

Most of the sensors for N7K went down but ping alive . I logged in N7K and check log also the issue interfaces , but I didn't find any reset or reboot log and record . And all services on N7K were working fine then . After couple minutes , the down sensors back to up status themselves without any manually control .

Regards,

Ryan

Created on Aug 19, 2014 4:23:42 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.