What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Integrating PRTG with Outlook/Exchange?

Votes:

Hello,

I was wondering whether or not anyone knows if there is scope to integrate PRTG with Outlook?

It would be fantastic if I could e-mail users/clients directly from the ticketing system, certainly when logging the ticket, updating and closing.

Many thanks,

Frazer

exchange integrating outlook prtg

Created on Aug 19, 2014 9:14:19 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Dear Frazer

I am sorry, we have no plans to integrate an interface to other email programs.

We intentionally try to keep our feature set focussed on network monitoring. The PRTG ticket system was implemented to offer PRTG users to assign tasks as an alternative to a 3rd party email program.

Created on Aug 19, 2014 1:08:39 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 19, 2014 1:14:27 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I belive the ticketing system in PRTG are ment to coordinate IT resources and there are already a feature that let you send an e-mail to PRTG users when ticket status are beeing updated.
See the "Ticket System" part of Account Settings.

For end users most of us already have CRM/ticketing systems. Personally, I would rather like Paessler devs to focus on development and optimization of existing and new sensors. The "need to have" rather than "nice to have" features.

---------------------------------------------
Jens Tore Fremmegaard, ServerParkering AS
Paessler Certified Monitoring Professional

Created on Aug 19, 2014 1:37:14 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.