What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Incorrect number of CPU

Votes:

For many servers is listed an incorrect number of CPU. I think that this occurred after an update. This is done on virtual and also physical servers, OS 2003 to 2008R2. No real change, however, was not carried out. PRTG shows always one CPU in addition. Is there any way to correct it (not by adding a new sensor) or avoid it?

Many thanks, Petr

cpu incorrect prtg sensors

Created on Aug 20, 2014 11:17:51 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear user

This problem is caused by a wrong result from the interface which is queried. PRTG does not automatically hides this wrong data.

If you enable the spike filter, you can manually set a maximum value for a channel: https://www.paessler.com/blog/2013/04/02/prtg/how-to-filter-spikes-from-graphs-in-prtg

Created on Aug 20, 2014 1:24:51 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for reply, but this setting will hide only a wrong values, but the average value will not real. Or am I wrong? And I will still see wrong number of CPU.

Petr

Created on Aug 20, 2014 1:55:38 PM

Votes:

Dear Petr

You can hide individual channels from graphs and table with clicking on its gauge to open the channel configuration and choose "Hide from Tables" and "Hide from Graphs". This also has an effect on average values.

Created on Aug 20, 2014 2:16:09 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.