What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SDH network Alarm presentation in PRTG

Votes:

Hi Team, I have a trail prtg version in which am trying to propagate the SDH network alarms . Please advise where I can propagate the alarms. Also i have converted the MIB file into OID file uploaded in server but not sure where to see them. Please help me to use the prtg

Thanks and Regards, Kuldeep Verma

snmp snmp- snmp-trap snmptraps snmpv2c

Created on Aug 20, 2014 6:03:28 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Are you looking to receive traps for these alarms or are you trying to read an alarm status from the device? If you are trying to read it from the device through SNMP, then you can create a SNMP Library sensor using the OID Library that you created when you imported the MIB. With the SNMP library sensor, it will scan the OIDs that were imported from the MIB into the SNMP library and then return any results to allow you to create the sensor.

If you are looking to receive traps from the device, then you can copy the MIB into the folder PRTG Network Monitor\MIB in your program file directory and then set up a SNMP Trap Receiver Sensor to receive those traps. You can then set up an error filter for when the specific traps you are looking for come in and it will put the sensor into an error status.

Created on Aug 22, 2014 11:23:26 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.