What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I have 2 routers in each location running HSRP. I have configured netflow to check the traffic. In m

Votes:

I have 2 routers in each location running HSRP. I have configured netflow to check the traffic. In my case one out of two router works as the main router (primary router). But when I see the netflow data onto the router, It shows the same data on both the routers.

netflow-v5 snmp-sensor system-health

Created on Aug 20, 2014 7:16:05 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

If you have both routers sending data to PRTG on the same port and want to have the data from each on separate sensors then you will have to set up the sensors separately to filter for data from only one router. You can do this with the Sender IP field.

Created on Aug 22, 2014 11:25:37 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Could it be that it monitors the HSRP groups traffic instead of the physical ports?
Return traffic could use both routers?
Any load balancing in the HSRP setup?
Have you tried if the SNMP Traffic sensor get the same result?

---------------------------------------------
Jens Tore Fremmegaard, ServerParkering AS
Paessler Certified Monitoring Professional

Created on Aug 22, 2014 1:33:42 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.