What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Get a count of open RTP ports

Votes:

On a PBX I'd like to have a sensor tell me how many open RTP ports there are so I can see if some are stacking up or our traffic is going to overload the server. RTP ports span a set range of ports so I'd like to be able to get a count of how many of those ports are open at regular intervals.

rtp voip wmi

Created on Aug 21, 2014 11:34:25 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

The only existing sensor that could give you that are the SNMP Custom Sensor. Could be a bit advanced to set up.

---------------------------------------------
Jens Tore Fremmegaard, ServerParkering AS
Paessler Certified Monitoring Professional

Created on Aug 22, 2014 1:52:04 PM

Votes:

I'm game for that. Any pointers on the advanced setup?

Created on Aug 22, 2014 2:05:36 PM

Votes:

I'm not an expert on advanced SNMP. The user manual would be a good place to start.
https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/snmp_custom_sensor.htm

---------------------------------------------
Jens Tore Fremmegaard, ServerParkering AS
Paessler Certified Monitoring Professional

Created on Aug 26, 2014 1:49:59 PM

Votes:

If the vendor supplies a .mib file, you can use PRTG's MIB Importer to import MIB (Management Information Base) files and convert them into OID libraries for PRTG.

The SNMP sensor will be able to work with the converted OID.

Created on Aug 26, 2014 3:21:01 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.