What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Advanced Notifications

Votes:

Hi,

I have about 1200 sensors in 20 diffrent groups. How do a setup a notification that only effects disk sensors in all my groups. I want to set the notification at the root and filter it to disk sensors only, i also wat to do this with other sensors. Is this possible?

I have tried this librarys but cant really get it to work as i want to.

Regards, Mattias

notifications windows wmi

Created on Aug 28, 2014 5:46:35 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You can create a node and have the only sensors to be included in that node be filtered by specific criteria. After you create the node, you can click on it and go to the settings of that library node and set up the filters there. With those filters, you can set up to only include sensors by status, type, tag etc.

Created on Aug 29, 2014 1:05:00 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

The only way possible to do this would be through the Libraries function. What issues have you had creating the libraries? You should be able to create a library then create a node where you can then filter for specific sensors.

Once you have the library set up, you can set up the notification for all the sensors in that library.

Created on Aug 29, 2014 12:08:04 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 29, 2014 12:08:37 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I dont want to assign sensors manully to a library, can i assign sensors with tags? If i create a library and i want all disksensors within a group to be assigned to that library. How would i do that?

Created on Aug 29, 2014 12:22:12 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

You can create a node and have the only sensors to be included in that node be filtered by specific criteria. After you create the node, you can click on it and go to the settings of that library node and set up the filters there. With those filters, you can set up to only include sensors by status, type, tag etc.

Created on Aug 29, 2014 1:05:00 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, somehow i missed the node edit menu!

Created on Aug 30, 2014 12:53:24 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.