What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Missing features (request)

Votes:

Hi, im very satisfied with PRTG, but a few things are missing for me ;) Bellow are my wish/feature request list that will help to make my work faster and easier.

The point has a rating from 1 (very needed) to 4 (nice to have).

GENRAL: (2) possibility to group the remote probes so that one location with multiple probes looks like one with only one probe

SECURITY: More granular access rights to the system/objects for PRTG user, only one additionally (1) read only with rights to pause the objects

LIBRARY: (1) more then 1000 sensor per library, 2000 will be enough

SENSOR: (1) global default threshold settings for all sensors, it means changing the disk/cpu threshold from the strange 30% to something in the reality (2) option to disable the numbers behind the sensor (2) option to add automatic the device/hostname name at the end of the sensor instead the number, maybe with a placeholder like in the prtg api activated central in the admin section

MAP: (1) data table: filtering for tags, type, etc... like in the library (1) data table: selecting the displayed columns (1) data table: selecting a library as data source (2) data table: formating for general font size (3) text label object, instead the HTML object, where the font size/color/bold/italic can be changed (3) Move selected objects together (4) multi edit of selected objects (4) snap on next object

Thank you Volkan

access-right database group map

Created on Aug 28, 2014 7:48:35 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Dear Volkan

Thank you for your input. Some of your suggestions are already on our 'wish list', however right now we have other features in development which have higher priority.

Even though I cannot give you a time frame, we do have plans for several improvements in the map editor.

Regarding your request about the user rights: We intentionally decided to keep it simple. That does not mean we would never ever implement more control over the user rights and/or add a new type like "read/pause". But as we consider PRTG a standard software suite, we try to reduce the complexity.

Created on Aug 30, 2014 10:30:58 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 1, 2014 2:29:17 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Oh, i forgott one Point ;)

The ability to edit some sensor like the disksize instead of deleting and creating new.

Created on Sep 5, 2014 11:53:08 AM

Votes:

Dear Volkan

Which part of of which sensor are you exactly talking about?

Created on Sep 5, 2014 1:49:37 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

• Free Disk Space (Multi Drive)
  • Sensor Service

The 2 that i know, i have not prooved other sensors.

Created on Sep 5, 2014 2:19:02 PM

Votes:

Also the possibility to change templates and that they apply on all the devices that use that template.

Created on Sep 8, 2014 7:37:43 AM

Votes:

Dear Mr. Greebe

Templates only apply to sensors which are created, they cannot change a sensor after creation. It is possible to change templates by editing the .odt files in the "devicetemplates" subfolder. These files are XML files which describe parameters for sensors. Please create a copy before you make changes.

Dear Volkan

With the multi-edit feature, many sensor and channel settings cam be changed at once: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/multi_edit_lists

However, not all parts can be edited with this feature.

Created on Sep 8, 2014 11:35:45 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.