What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding Traffic Sensor - SNMP error # 5

Votes:

When adding traffic sensors on a FortiGate 300D it will parse the ifMIB index and once complete it reports an "SNMP error # 5" instead of showing me the interface index to add the new sensors.

What is this error and what course of action should I take to troubleshoot this problem? I can walk the device without issues and it appears I have all of the appropriate index info but I am still reviewing. There is another FortiGate 300D at the same site that works fine when adding interfaces so I believe this is a device problem or configuration issue...I do not believe this is PRTG but I am exploring all avenues and I am unfamiliar with this particular SNMP error. Thanks!

error error-#-5 error-#5 prtg snmp snmp-traffic traffic

Created on Aug 28, 2014 10:28:47 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

What results do you get if you run a "Scan Interfaces" test against the device in case using our SNMP Tester?

Created on Sep 1, 2014 1:18:43 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.