What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why limit is on (enable limit) by default?

Votes:

I added a device with the setting:

Sensor Management : Manual (no auto-discovery)

and added the sensors onto that device. But I've release that under some sensors Limits is on (Enable limits) by default and also contain threshold value.

For instance: In Memory sensor (WMI Memory sernsor), 'Limits' is 'Enable Limits' by default. and threshold value is already in the box. 'Lower Warning Limit (%) is already set to 30'.

Is this default setting on some sensors or only appearing in my device?

limits memory prtg wmi

Created on Sep 3, 2014 3:43:11 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

This is a default that is set up on certain sensors. If you want to get rid of the limits on these sensors, you can either multi-edit them and get rid of the limits or change them. You can also set up a sensor without limits and clone it to other devices or set up a device template without those limits and they will not be set on the devices that are Auto-Discovered with the template.

Created on Sep 5, 2014 11:17:36 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.