What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

api or script add new sensor ?

Votes:

Dear PRTG's1 Can i add sensor (bandwith monitor interface of cisco router) when i have oid of interface or description of interface vir script or api? pls help me! Thanks all!

add-sensor api oid snmp

Created on Sep 4, 2014 4:25:32 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Duykid

It is possible to clone sensors. You could create a sensor just for this purpose. The documentation can be found directly in PRTG, menu Setup / PRTG API, tab "Object Manipulation".

However, not all sensor settings are documented. While not officially supported by us, you could have a look what the webinterface does and use those HTTP actions to derive the API call which does the same.

Another option to change sensor settings is the manual editing of the "PRTG Configuration.dat", which however is also not covered by our support.

Created on Sep 4, 2014 2:08:22 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.