What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Remove automaticly file

Votes:

There is now a folder monitored. Sometimes a file will appear in this folder, this file causes problems. Can PRTG automatically delete this file as it appears in this folder?

automatically folder-sensor remove

Created on Sep 4, 2014 8:38:05 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear Joost

This is possible; though not in real time as the sensor interval is 60 seconds by default and should not be too narrow.

You can use a file sensor https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/file_sensor.htm to detect if the file is there, and attach a notification which runs a program. That program could be a script written by you, deleting that file.

Created on Sep 5, 2014 11:18:16 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Arne,

Thank you for the quick reaction. I have add the file sensor, do I must save the batch file in the Notifications/exe folder on my PRTG server? Or can I save the batch file on the server where the thumbs.db file will appear?

Created on Sep 5, 2014 11:58:47 AM

Votes:

Dear Joost

The file must be in the Notifications\EXE subfolder. Of course, a file located there could start another script which is placed somewhere else (as long as the security context has the proper rights to access it.)

Created on Sep 5, 2014 1:47:55 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have placed the file in de EXE folder. Now I must wait. Thank you for your help!

Created on Sep 5, 2014 1:49:21 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.