What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Publishing maps to different locations

Votes:

I want to have network status maps available to each of my business units. To show the network status from their perspective. I have created these maps, so that is not my question. If everything is running properly, the business units can see the maps. But if my MPLS is down or site-to-site VPN over Internet is down, they cannot see the maps. Ideally, I would like the map specific to each business unit to be hosted on a local server so that it is always accessbile.

Is that possible without installing PRTG at every business unit?

Thanks!

Matt

maps prtg publish

Created on Sep 5, 2014 1:51:44 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

I'm afraid that isn't possible, seeing as the maps are served by the PRTG core server. Since these are dynamic maps, that rely on the information of the core server, a connection to the same needs to be in place in order to provide the information shown on the maps.

Created on Sep 9, 2014 12:01:29 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.