What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP traffic sensor return alert "No Such Name (SNMP error # 2)".

Votes:

Hi guys, i use SNMP traffic sensor to monitor 2 interfaces for my HP MSM720 wireless controller. However it always show snmp traffic sensor up and down with alert message "No Such Name (SNMP error # 2)". It happen everyday and create almost 100+ summarized notification for this particular sensors. How can i solve this alert?

msm720 snmp snmp-error#2

Created on Sep 9, 2014 5:58:32 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

What kind of scanning interval do you have the sensors set to? You may want to try and increase the scanning interval to see if that makes a difference.

What this message means is that the device is telling PRTG that it doesn't have this OID which would indicate an issue with the SNMP agent on the device. If it's possible to reboot the device or to change the SNMP settings this may help the issue and if you have noticed that this is happening at a particular time of day, you may want to see if there is a heavy network traffic load either on the controller or to it that may be causing it not to respond.

Created on Sep 10, 2014 11:25:53 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.