What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

upgrade from version 6.1.1 to current version and keep history

Votes:

I have inherited a version of prtg running on windows XP with version v6.1.1.855 which has a licence for 500 sensors and I am currently using 93 sensors

I have historical data for most of these sensors going back to 2010. This information is critical to track changes over over the past 4 years within our environment and has been used successfully to substantiate claims for spending on many occasions.

I would like to move this application to a more stable environment (server not PC) and I would like to keep all the customised sensors and importantly the historical data. I am not allowed to continue to run XP and need to migrate ASAP.

Could I please get some advice on upgrading from version 6 to the current version 14.3.11.2897.

I would be happy to go through all the versions in between if it is possible, but if I cannot keep the historical data I will need to look at other products.

Thanks

Paul

6 upgrade version

Created on Sep 11, 2014 6:39:36 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Paul

I am sorry, migration from PRTG 6 to the current version is not supported. Too many things changed. Please keep PRTG 6 to look up the old data and install PRTG 14 for as new network monitor.

If you cannot run Windows XP anymore, please migrate PRTG 6 to a more modern Windows.

Created on Sep 11, 2014 12:43:07 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.