What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG SSL certification is expired

Votes:

I am trying to use the SSL certification issued by the PRTG server itself. But it shows the certification is expired. How can I let PRTG renew it? Thanks a lot.

certification prtg ssl

Created on Sep 17, 2014 5:40:52 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for using PRTG. You can update the PRTG "dummy" certificate by deleting the certificate files in the "\cert"-subfolder of PRTG's program files directory, and then running the PRTG installer (again).
PRTG does not automatically install its new dummy certificate, because this would overwrite valid user certificates.

best regards.

Created on Sep 17, 2014 9:27:15 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for your reply. As per your advice, I removed the old certificate and installed the new certificate. Now the certificate shows ' issued by PRTG Demo certificate ' Will be expired in 2023. But after I installed this certificate and confirm this certificate is in Trusted Root Certification Authorities. I still get error message when I try to access the website. Any advice ? Thanks a lot.

Created on Sep 18, 2014 2:21:46 AM

Votes:

Which exact error do you then get? Please bear in mind, that the dummy certificate still is a self-signed certificate not valid for an explicit host. You may need your very own valid certificate here.

Created on Sep 18, 2014 11:31:56 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.