What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Find CUSTOM sensors based on 'EXE/Script' field

Votes:

Is there a way to automatically find all CUSTOM sensors based on their underlying EXE/Script file (vbs/exe/dll etc.)? Or better yet, is there a way to create libraries based directly on this. My problem is I've got hundreds of custom sensors using a particular Exe and it's a nightmare if i want to change notifications for all these sensors. Currently, I'm making tags for them and creating libraries out of the tags. But in cases (5 in 300 for example) where a few of the sensors have wrong tags or not been tagged, there's almost no way to find out unless there's a mis-timed alert, usually in the middle of the night.

custom-sensor library search tags

Created on Sep 19, 2014 4:17:14 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for using PRTG. I'm afraid currently such a search (to the field of the script/executable used by the Custom Exe Sensor) is not possible. It is a very good idea though, so we've put it on the wishlist. Please bear with us, we'll see if other users agree to this request here, to decide upon implementation.

best regards.

Created on Sep 22, 2014 11:24:40 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.