What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

No such instance (SNMP error # 223)

Votes:

I get error No such instance "(SNMP error # 223)" when I try to add an snmp sensor for a custom oid, 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4. I do get a correct value if I do an snmp walk using an snmp tester, but get the same error if I simple try to poll the oid. (this does work with other tools). The oid is for a cisco voice gateway to monitor active calls.

monitor prtg snmp-custom-sensor

Created on Sep 19, 2014 9:50:09 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Dear kkunzler,

Could you please run a "Walk" on the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.1.4 ? Please use the SNMP Tester, what results do you get?

Kind regards, Felix

Created on Sep 22, 2014 2:30:50 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I did the walk mentioned above using the SNMP tester mentioned above.

Created on Sep 22, 2014 2:51:14 PM

Votes:

Did you get any results?

Created on Sep 22, 2014 3:35:12 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

As mentioned in the original post, doing a walk I get the expected results (an unsigned integer), it I select "custom OID" in the tool, I get the same result as I do using PRTG.

Created on Sep 22, 2014 3:44:51 PM

Votes:

Could you please forward us the results of both tests, including detailed settings, as an email to [email protected] for analysis? Please refer to this thread in order to understand where the query stems from.

Created on Sep 23, 2014 8:42:05 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.