What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring CISCO UCS

Votes:

Hello, I have several UCS systems, each system managed by two Fabric Interconnects (A and B), also known as FI. For some reason I can not monitor the FI cluster's primary address and I had to monitor each FI separately, So that each time a problem occurs it appears twice. is it by design that the monitoring of the FI will be separately ? Or there is a problem with settings ? Thank you, Yaron

cisco fabric-interconnect ucs

Created on Sep 22, 2014 6:39:26 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Which error message do you get when you monitor the cluster's primary address?

Can you try to use our SNMP Tester (https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester) run it on the PRTG Host, and perform a "walk to the oid 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.719.1.15" against the cluster address on the UCS device?

Which results do you get in the tester?

Please open a support ticket ([email protected]) and send us the result logfile from the Tester.

Created on Sep 23, 2014 12:13:59 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hello,

From both PRTG and SNMP Tester the results are the same: No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003) Is it necessary to open a support ticket ? Please advise.

Thank you, Yaron

Created on Sep 28, 2014 2:57:53 PM

Votes:

Hello Yaron,

Another one could be that SNMP isn't configured properly on the target device. You can check this with the SNMP Tester using option "Read device uptime". There has to be a response as this is standard in all known SNMP devices.

Do you get a response there?

Created on Oct 1, 2014 2:38:06 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hello, I have checked this with the SNMP Tester using option "Read device uptime", the response was the same: DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc)

When i am doing the same test against one of the two cluster devices i get the correct respone: DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = 899051990 ( 104 days )

Please advise, Yaron

Created on Oct 14, 2014 9:37:39 AM

Votes:

Hello Yarom,

According all snmp tester results it seems that it is not possible to monitor the FI cluster's primary address using snmp. Please ask Cisco, if there is a problem with settings whether it is possible to monitor the cluster IP. Please bear with us.

Created on Oct 20, 2014 12:57:43 PM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Hello Jochen, Thank you, i will address cisco for that matter. yaron

Created on Oct 22, 2014 5:54:20 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.