What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Speed trigger - email notification status

Votes:

Hello PRTG community,

I have set up speed triggers on major interfaces to notify of a link being down. When traffic falls below 50kbps, email notification is sent and once the problem is resolved, another notification is sent again.

This works correctly, but I was surprised to see that in both cases (i.e. when speed threshold was reached - 14kbps and once traffic increased to 1006 kbps - above the threshold), the mail notification had green "tick" displayed, as if everything was correctly.

Naturally, in the first case when the traffic falls below the given threshold, I would expect mail notification to be red to clearly inform of a problem.

How can this be achieved without creating two separate mail notifications - one with "green" (ok) status and one with "red" (notification) status?

Thanks,

Martin Klepac

email speed threshold

Created on Sep 23, 2014 6:11:44 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for using PRTG! Threshold Triggers do not change the state of a sensor. For this please use Warning - / Error - Limits in the Channel Settings of the sensor as well.

best regards.

Created on Sep 24, 2014 11:58:32 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.