What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Trying to administer PRGT users/groups/notification more efficiently.

Votes:

Under Notifications\Send Email:

I have a choice to enter a string of emails in the 'Email Address' field and/or select user groups. Many of our critical notifications include several addresses:

Example:

Email Address: UserA company email, UserA private email, UserA cellphonetxt, UserB company email, UserB private email, UserB cellphonetxt....

The 3 entries for UserA might appear in several notifications. I'm not seeing a way to centrally manage this information in the PRTG application. User account config does not appear to accommodate this type of setup, so if I need to edit these entries it's a nightmare.

It would be nice to have this info within the User Account form so I could use groups in my notifications. I would only have to edit the info in one place. Am I missing something?

PRTG is high profile within our organization (Schott) right now since it has recently been adopted globally. We are auditing/adding devices and probes. I have a list of over 100 contacts to manage for notifications.

I am new to the application so maybe I'm just not seeing what I need. Can you please offer suggestions?

group-administration notification prtg

Created on Oct 9, 2014 2:11:21 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Tracy,

We are currently working on a feature to add more detailed information to user accounts. Meanwhile you can import the email addresses by adding multiple users to you PRTG installation: Setup | System Administration | User Accounts | Multiple New Users and copy / paste a list of email addresses to add users to an existing user group.

Best regards

Created on Oct 13, 2014 1:37:01 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.