What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Changing Upper Error message to last message of sensor

Votes:

I have some t-SQL code that is looking for any table returns, however if the row returned are greater that 0 it is a upper error.

It is all working great, however when the channel limits are OFF and i check it now, the Message column returned the SQL name, which is what want, however when i turn on channels i get a "1 is greater than 0" message.

I tried %LastMessage and %Message, but nothing works.

How can i display the same value in the message field, even when alerting???

channels errors sql

Created on Oct 9, 2014 3:20:22 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Cypha,

Error messages always supersede other returns from a sensor. You could either use threshold triggers for your notification (this way your sensor would send an alert but remain green with the query message displayed in the message field), or create an additional sensor without any threshold where the message is displayed.

You can also define error / warning messages for a limit, but those messages are static and cannot be replaced by placeholders.

Best regards

Created on Oct 13, 2014 1:29:25 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.