What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP POST notification on change

Votes:

Hi, we have a piece of kit that can HTTP POST on state change.(alarm).

I have set this to POST to PRTG, which is working fine.

What I can't work out how to do, is how to setup a notification to alert when a POST comes in. Is this possible?

http post prtg

Created on Oct 10, 2014 1:16:15 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for using PRTG. May I ask, how exactly do you monitor this device? With which sernsor(s)?

best regards.

Created on Oct 15, 2014 8:00:07 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I've setup a HTTP Push Data Advanced BETA sensor on the local probe, which my device can HTTP POST to on alarm. What I want to be able to do is generate a state alarm when this message that gets HTTP POSTed changes.

Created on Oct 16, 2014 12:15:45 PM

Votes:

You can cause the sensor to go into error state by pushing an error-tag (instead of a channel result value):

<prtg>
              <error>1</error>
              <text>Your error message</text>
              </prtg>

For the details, please see your very own PRTG under "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Custom Sensors".

Best regards,

Created on Oct 17, 2014 8:52:47 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.