What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

avaya ip office 500

Votes:

someone has monitored avaya ip office 500?

i try import with mib importer 3.4.8 from mibs DVD avaya but appear error when Import

"missing import module:itu-alarm-tc-mib" ( the same error to all mibs)

i foud this article relevant http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=773562

I appreciate if you can help me

thanks

avaya ip-office pabx

Created on Oct 13, 2014 2:59:29 PM

6 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

Your MIB does reference the "itu-alarm-tc-mib", but this one is not present. Please download it into the same folder from: http://www.iana.org/assignments/ianaitualarmtc-mib/ianaitualarmtc-mib.xhtml
Then try the import again.

best regards.

Created on Oct 15, 2014 2:47:35 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks.

I did it, but I not found the OID values ​​useful on all MIB from DVD to monitoring. The SNMP of avaya ip office 500 is very basic.

have some other way to identifying useful sensors?

Created on Oct 20, 2014 11:48:53 AM

Votes:

We don't have these systems in our networks, so we can only recommend to check with the vendor for recommendations.

Created on Oct 20, 2014 1:01:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I also have an Avaya IP Office 500v2 and my LanSweeper (www.lansweeper.com) will see the device via SNMP and pull interface, uptime, model and other small details without any AVAYA specific MIBs loaded.

SNMP tester and PRTG do not pull any information with basic setup.

SNMP tester cannot even pull uptime, the IP Office unit shows an error parsing the SNMP packet.

I have the Avaya MIBs and have tried to compile them but if SNMP tester can't talk to the device, I don't know what good the MIBs are.

It's obvious that the IP Office is responding correctly to the SNMP requests from the LanSweeper so the network is up and running and passing traffic.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated, we have 5 branch offices and really need to monitor the units. Thank you in advance for your assistance! -Richard

Created on May 18, 2016 5:30:14 PM

Votes:

Are the SNMP settings exactly the same in lansweeper and SNMP Tester? What is the exact error that you get when reading the uptime with the Tester?

Created on May 20, 2016 9:23:17 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It appears the the Avaya IP Office 500v2 only supports SNMPv1.

When using SNMP Tester in v1 mode it works.

Thank you for your help, I've made changes to the SNMP credentials area to use v1.

Created on May 23, 2016 9:50:31 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.