What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disable "Down" status

Votes:

Is there a way to disable the "Down" status for sensors (or at least NOT monitor the down status)? I understand that the "Auto-Acknowledge" state works for sensors that are down for extended periods of time, but the acknowledged status seems to be deactivated when the sensor goes green again.

A few of our specific cases are for some IP SLA tracks on routers that monitor local DNS availability, and another couple that monitor jitter to specific devices. This is used for historical data and I don't need an active "Down" alarm for every time something exceeds the specified threshold, I simply want to have the data available if it would be needed for troubleshooting. Any assistance appreciated!

acknowledge down ip-sla jitter

Created on Oct 20, 2014 11:39:55 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Sorry disabling the down status of a sensor is not possible.

But you can setup auto acknowledge for sensors. Please read the KB article on auto acknowledge

Created on Oct 20, 2014 12:49:36 PM by  Stefan Messner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can this be added as a feature request? I see a number of threads for similar needs/wants.

Created on Oct 20, 2014 12:59:08 PM

Votes:

No, sorry.

PRTG is a monitoring and not a data logger system. It would imply fundamental changes in data handling.

Created on Oct 20, 2014 2:18:49 PM by  Stefan Messner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.