What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Paused sensors question

Votes:

I would like to know if there is a possibility or a way to keep certain sensors from different devices paused indefinitely. I am changing some WMI (which need to remain paused) sensors to SNMP due to performance, but when I need to do maintenance on the parent device I pause it, and then all of them un-pause of course when un-pausing the parent. Is there anything in there that can tell the original paused sensor to remain pause unless we tell it directly to un-pause? It may have to do something with dependencies, I will try different things myself and see if I can come with something to do.

I know this may not be a feature on PRTG but if there is anything that i can use as a work around to help this behavior please share.

Thanks.

dependencies parent paused sensor tags unpause

Created on Oct 20, 2014 9:47:59 PM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Yes a good step Forward, a way can be that the objects can be disabled in be Settings page independet of the maintenance and pause state.

Created on Oct 22, 2014 12:05:47 PM

Votes:

At the moment this isn't possible. You can pause something indefinitely but when it's dependent on something else and the object it's dependent on comes back up, that will end the paused state. The only way to change this for the time being would be to remove the dependency temporarily.

Created on Oct 22, 2014 1:01:29 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, that is what I was looking for, I just tested a couple of devices after removing the dependencies from settings on the individual sensors and it was exactly what we needed.

Thanks Volkan and Greg!

Created on Oct 22, 2014 1:31:03 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.