What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Please Help!!! WMI DCOM Port Issues

Votes:

There are two zones on the firewall, namely, DMZ and an Inside Zone.

In DMZ Zone, PRTG is running and where as Inside Zone is hosting all windows machines.

I have added all the windows machines into PRTG Network Monitor using WMI and the issue is with DCOM ports.

I have to open all the DCOM ports range from 1025-65535 from PRTG to Windows Machines and, if I go to reduce DCOM ports then some of the PRTG sensors is not working.

I want to reduce the ports to be opened in the firewall.

Kindly help me please.... :(

dcom firewall prtg13 wmi

Created on Oct 22, 2014 7:41:31 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
in your case you might consider using remote probes as these would only require one opened port in your firewall. The probe would do the monitoring within your internal zone and send the data to the PRTG Core in the DMZ.
Best regards

Created on Oct 23, 2014 7:40:30 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.