What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Issues since 14.4.12.3284+

Votes:

WMI Vital System Data (V2) sensor - "Network: Bytes Received/sec Intel[R] PRO_1000 MT Network Connection" - These sensors down with no message/log entry

HTTP Sensor - Sensor Down, Message: IOHandler value is not valid

Any advice would be appreciated.

http prtg wmi

Created on Oct 23, 2014 12:13:46 PM

8 Replies

Votes:

I have the same issue. I've created new sensors, and the new ones have the same problem.

Created on Oct 23, 2014 2:47:44 PM

Votes:

Can you please send us some screenshots showing the Overview- and Settings-Tabs of the affected sensors?

Created on Oct 24, 2014 7:16:44 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Support, did you get the screenshots or sensor log data you needed? My site is also encountering the following sensor issues immediately following an update to v14.4.12.3284 on 24 Oct 2014.

Sensor: Network: Bytes Received/sec Intel[R] PRO_1000 MT Network Connection Msg: Instance(s) not found: "Win32_PerfRawData_Tcpip_NetworkInterface\Intel[[]R] PRO_1000 MT Network Connection" WMI Test result: "Intel[R]" (Sensor OK prior to upgrade)

Sensor: HTTP Msg: IOHandler value is not valid (Sensor OK prior to upgrade)

Sensor: SNMP HP System Health Sensor: SNMP HP ProLiant System Health Msg: Error in Overall Status: 'Failed' (Sensor not in a failed state prior to upgrade)

Created on Oct 27, 2014 5:27:03 PM

Votes:

We have the same problem! On every windows server that have this sensors(WMI VITAL SYSTEM DATA NETWORK): Network: Bytes Received/sec Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE [NDIS VBD Client] Network: Bytes Sent/sec Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE [NDIS VBD Client] Network: Bytes Total/sec Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE [NDIS VBD Client]

This happend after update from ver 14.3.10.2422 to ver 14.4.12.3410.

Created on Nov 5, 2014 4:23:12 PM

Votes:

I have the same issue since the update 14.4.12.3410+ On every server i have got the error about the network sensor. I manage to see that the problem is in the instance, PRTG can not recognize the :Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE [NDIS VBD Client] instance. If the instance is like the name of the network(eg. Local Area Connection) there is no problem. You can not change the instance manually so, can you provide us with solution or stable update.

BR,

Created on Nov 6, 2014 8:13:17 AM

Votes:

Hello, the only possible workaround is, to rename the NIC / NIC-Driver to remove any brackets [ ] in the name of the NIC / Driver, then add the sensors again.

Created on Nov 6, 2014 8:18:29 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I tried this by editing the registry and removing Brackets Most of my NICs are Intel. On one of my servers I edited Intel[R] 82574L Gigabit Network Connection to Intel 82574L Gigabit Network Connection And rebooted the Server, Deleted the Device and Added it back and it still shows with same error. Checking the Server the name did not change am I Looking in the right place or do I need to change the name some other way? Are there any other solutions? This will be a royal pain if I have to do this for every NIC Card and Every Sensor and Why does the Ping Sensor work without renaming.

Created on Nov 25, 2014 4:29:08 PM

Votes:

Hello,

There will be a fix for this issue with the WMI Network Card (WMI Vital Sensors monitoring Network Card Counters), the problem is internally in PRTG with escaping the brackets [ ]. The fix should be released with version 14.4.13. Please bear with us, we would recommend to pause the sensors until then.

Created on Nov 26, 2014 9:17:10 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.