What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP traffic sensor issue

Votes:

I am using open PRTG for snmp Traffic monitoring . but i always get the error

" No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)"

I am trying to monitor LAN PC for SNMP traffic. but failed. Windows SNMP setting is set to community. firewall is disabled. but same issue appears.

> Need guidance as i am a beginner. prtg,snmp,wmi

prtg snmp wmi

Created on Oct 31, 2014 1:02:23 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Please follow this guide to troubleshoot your SNMP 2003 error. Please do also make sure that your PRTG Server is listed on the "Allowed Hosts" in the security tab of your SNMP service settings. After you checked all the steps of this guide use the SNMP Tester and scan the device for e.g. the uptime. Do you get any values using the tester?

Best regards

Created on Oct 31, 2014 3:41:03 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

By Using SNMP tester getting ERROR

Value: Error converting OID (SNMP error # -2007)

where do i found OID

Created on Nov 1, 2014 11:48:37 AM

Votes:

Same Issue is reported With SNMP tester

Value: No response (check: firewalls, routing, snmp settings of device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc) (SNMP error # -2003)

Created on Nov 1, 2014 12:05:17 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Please forward a screenshot of your SNMP settings you configured for the Windows service to [email protected] and refer to this knowledge base article.

Best regards

Created on Nov 3, 2014 11:29:27 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.