What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Values only on maps

Votes:

Is there any way to add just the last measured value to a PRTG map? There are easy ways to pull descriptions and last measured value, or minigraphs and last measured value.

Is there any way to just display the last value?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

display maps values

Created on Nov 3, 2014 5:42:27 PM

11 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear mcsestretch

Please go to the PRTG installation folder, subfolder "webroot" subfolder "mapobjects"

Please create a file, called "lastvalue.htm". This requires local Windows administrator rights. Please paste this as the file's content

<!--Status Icons: Last Value (On White)-->

<div class="map_object map_icon mapicon_status_white" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="topleftcoordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">
  <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">
  <#mapobject type="htmlbefore" subid="<@subid>">
  <#checkobjecttype objecttype="sensor" nicemessage="true" id="<@objectid>">

<span class="label"><#objectstatus name="lastvalue" id="<@objectid>"></span>
  <#mapobject type="htmlafter" subid="<@subid>">
</div>

Please refresh the Map editor. You should now have an additional Status Icon object, "Last Value (On White)".

Created on Nov 5, 2014 2:12:21 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 2, 2018 9:39:57 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you! This worked perfectly!

Created on Nov 5, 2014 3:07:02 PM

Votes:

Thank you! This worked perfectly!

Created on Nov 5, 2014 4:44:59 PM

Votes:

This should be part of the default system by now, must need for maps. can we please get it added? I will add it manually, but I dont want to have to keep adding it every upgrade if it gets erased in upgrades.

Created on Apr 23, 2016 2:52:06 AM

Votes:

Dear googol

A PRTG updates overwrites default files, but it does not delete manually created file with a file non-default file name.

Created on Apr 25, 2016 7:57:57 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is it possible that sensor show the status sensor color? At least the status down and warning colors...

Created on Dec 24, 2016 5:05:14 AM

Votes:

Dear Rodrigo,

May I kindly ask to further clarify your request? What exactly do you want to display?

Best,
Sebastian

Created on Dec 26, 2016 1:08:22 PM by  Sebastian Kniege [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ive added this custom mapobject, but it is in static size, I cant drag it to be larger. I need the text to be in 48px or larger. Is there a way to customize the size?

Created on Oct 10, 2019 8:44:22 AM

Votes:

Hello Morbus,

I'm afraid that customizations are not officially supported. You can either add you HTML code to the mapobject itself, or add custom CSS to this file:

Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\css\styles_custom_v2.css

Kind regards,
Felix Saure, Tech Support Team

Created on Oct 11, 2019 5:13:59 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I would also like to get more information on how to customize the appearance of the text. Simply referencing CSS I feel is insufficient support for a tool of this price range.

Regards Daniel

Created on Feb 23, 2023 10:44:30 AM

Votes:

Hello Daniel,

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that customizations are not officially supported. Therefore, we are not able to share any further details regarding this.

Further information can be found in this article:
What is your position towards customizing the PRTG web interface

Kind regards,
Muna Azmi - Tech Support Team

Created on Feb 24, 2023 2:21:32 PM by  Muna Azmi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.