What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Exchange sensors not reporting.

Votes:

I have two MSExchange Sensors on PRTG that come up during Auto Discovery but are not reporting data.

MSExchange Store Interface: RPC Requests sent_Total MSExchange Store Interface: RPC Latency average (msec) _Total

is there any exchange administration needed to get this data, or what might be happening that these only two sensors out of the 42 that I have on my exchange server, are not getting data.

Thanks for the help.

exchange microsoft msexchange rpc

Created on Nov 5, 2014 10:58:48 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Which exact errors do you then get? Could you please send some screenshots showing the exact error messages on the sensors (from the "Overview"-Tab)? If the sensors are not in error-state right now, you can also check the "Log"-Tab of the sensor, to view previous error-messages.

best regards.

Created on Nov 10, 2014 8:50:29 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

In the History for the sensors I found "This sensor has not received data for 1 hour 23 minutes. Please check WMI Delay channel of core/probe health sensor."

Thanks for the help.

Created on Nov 10, 2014 9:52:26 PM

Votes:

I have this exact problem as well. It started very recently, either as a result of an upgrade of our PRTG platform or an auto-discovery detected and applied new sensors that we previously did not have running.

I have 5 Exchange servers, all of which have full sensor data apart from "MSExchange Store Interface: RPC Latency Average (msec) _Total".

I have tried recreating entire server objects this morning to no avail. The sensor itself merely says "No data since 11/12/2014 10:23:36" and the log has no entries other than its creation and a status of "unknown".

Created on Dec 11, 2014 12:02:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.